Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother dearest...

Mothers day came and went like every other day.No celebrations were done at home, no flowers, no fancy dining, no gifts, no nothing. U were never the one who got us nice bday presents, never the one who let us do the things we loved, never the one who gave us the freedom, never the one who got the nice little gifts when we did well in school,never shared ur huggs or kisses.

But instead u were there to yell at us if we were not home, if we did not dutifully perform the chores, if we used the net way too long, if we got home late, if we wore indecent clothes, we watched too many movies.

All our life, all we heard was nagging and scoldings.

when I was a little kid I thought I had the perfect mum...as I grew I thought u were the most riduculous one on earth...now in my 20s I think u juz wanted the best for us....and that was the way u chose to portray it all.

Coming to a foreign country, not knowing anyone here, learning your way around, livin with somone like him, learning the languages of the country, supportin us through sch till secondary school, entering the workforce all by yrself...staying in all this mess juz for the sake of us.....I would never have been able to do half the things u did. If anyone thought I was independent or determined...they wld soon realise I dun even make 20 percent of wat u have in urself.

You thought us SIMPLICITY, INDEPENDENCE, DETERMINATION, how NEVER to give up on your loved ones...never let disappointments get in the WAY...I dun think I can ever live up to wat u have showed a mother can. But mum I will try my every best.to be one to my kids in future.For I am your daughter after all. Thanks mum!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am your namesake

11:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I ended up here looking for someone who may have been looking for me

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home